I care about privacy
Last updated: August 25, 2018
I am refering to myself as "we" because I hope someday extension will evolve into something bigger and this way
Here, in VideoSegments, we are commited to protect users privacy. We are trying to collect as less as possible information about users for the correct operation of the extension. Please read this document carefully to understand what we collect and how use information we gather.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Username (unencrypted) and password (encrypted) when you register.
- Domain and video id when you open video in runtime (without saving) to send you segmentation if exists.
- Domain, video id and your segmentation when you press "share" button.
- Last year/month/day when you (only if registered) sended segmentation. This information is overwritten every time you send new segmentation.
We do not collect the following information (however, this information can be collected by your provider or YouTube website):
- Any personal information (for example, your username on YouTube, your profile information, etc).
- Any tracking information (for example, ip address, your browser, etc).
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Give you segmentation for videos (if exists).
- Add your segmentation (only when you press "share" button) to database.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to customize website or extension according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the
file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site.
Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations
to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If there are any questions you may contact us using the information below:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/videosegments/
- This policy was last modified on 25/08/2018.
- This policy was modified on 04/04/2018.
- This policy was modified on 23/11/2017.
- This policy was modified on 14/11/2017.
- This policy was modified on 07/11/2017.
- This policy was modified on 24/10/2017.
- This policy was modified on 03/08/2017.